Saturday, December 14, 2013

Our House

So the house didn't sell, although it got more showings than we could have expected. Not a lot of feedback, so we aren't sure why it didn't sell. We got a lot of 'lovely home, just not for us'

This winter though we are giving it a little bit of a makeover so that we can make it home for us, in case it doesn't sell and we are here for more years than we really want to be. We are in the process of making one of our unused upstairs bedrooms into a playroom for the girls, this will get their toys out of our living room and give them their own space.

       

I think the yellow really brightens it up and they have their own chalkboard. I have pinned so many ideas on how to decorate it, but first I have to get Christmas out of the way. Funds will be easier once I stop spending it on them and all my nieces and nephews, buying for kids is addicting.....

Once the painting is finished, I want to add a few rugs and then move their toys up there, hopefully in time for all the new stuff Santa will be bringing. I can finish decorating once the New Year begins but the most important step is to get all their toys up there and get them into the rhythm of playing mostly in that room.

Next we would like to work on our kitchen, my husband has big plans and I think if we keep having these snow days, they will be worked on soon. We would love to put down tile floor, a nice backsplash behind our stove and new countertops. I think this may help with selling but it will also help us, our kitchen is so outdated, 20 years, and we are looking to bring it up to date and brighten the cabinets.

I am also going to be working on some painting and our master bathroom. Its so plain, white walls and no decor, so I have been pinning some great ideas and hope to put them to play soon.

The girls will be moving upstairs to their own room in the spring acrossed from their playroom so I cannot wait to decorate that for them. It has taken years for us to get to this point. Working hard pays off but it can take so long. I am so thankful we are finally at this point. Now for all these projects to actually happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment