Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I also dont get SICK days

So a horrible thing has made its way into our home. A nasty stomach bug that has been going around. Yesterday it hit me, I started late morning just not feeling well. By the afternoon I felt like I could get sick, but couldnt make myself. Last night was horrible, belly cramps, hot flashes, sweats, aches in my joints, just felt bad. On top of not feeling well, Ava has decided this past weekend she was going to be super clingy. Daddy couldnt do anything for her, mommy had to do everything including "Hold me please". So while I felt like crap, here I am holding her, when wishing she wouldn't want to be held so maybe she wont get this bug. Thankfully Hailey was in a good mood and went to bed right on schedule, no fighting, no screaming, Kenny laid her down and she simply went to sleep. After Ava's bath, which I did while still feeling like I could puke at any moment, she settled down and we got ready for bed. I went to sleep early while Kenny stayed up with her.

Around 11, I woke up in a sweat, with a lump in my throat, figured might as well do it. So I went and made myself get sick. I did sleep ok after that, still hot, still not feeling well. About the only thing running through my mind was that I hadnt felt this sick since my morning sickness with Hailey and since she is my last one, I dont want to feel like that ever again!

This morning I felt a little better but still having hot flashes and sick to the stomach. What a wonderful way to feel when you have 2 kids to take care of. I hate to say it but I am glad it was their scheduled day at the sitters, I hate being home when they arent but I need a little time to rest. And Ava was super excited to be going, after 4 days at home, I couldnt tell her that she wasnt going to play with 'the kids'. So I will get them this afternoon, let her play and socialize a little bit. Hoping I feel better by then, the pepto is near, been taking shots of it, so that I can take care of them and not drag my feet. So even though I am lucky to get a little break, its no sick day at all, at least I could take a day from work and not be sick there. Which I am sure everyone is happy about anyways, no one wants you there when you are sick and to spread those germs.

So now just counting down until I feel better and praying the girls dont get it.


Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment