Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thirty One

So I became a consultant in February. It has been a lot of fun so far. I have had 2 successful parties. I still have lots to learn but it is all coming together. I had been looking for something for about a year now to sell to make a little extra to put in our savings account. Something I could do but still be a MOM. That is my first role and most important. I wanted something that wasn’t really a ‘part time job’ that I had set hours and had to spend a lot of time away from my girls. My sister in law chose to sell ‘Scentsy’, a flameless candle company that is great but I wasn’t really into it. I am more of an organizer than a candle person. I wanted to choose something I could be passionate about. Why should I sell something to someone if I don’t even care all that much about it? For Christmas I received a bag from my inlaws, it was a Thirty One bag. I didn’t think much about it. I love totes, can always find a use for them. When I opened it up and saw how big it was, I decided I was going to use this for the girls diaper bag. The Organizing Utility Tote is so big, I don’t exactly how much I can fit it in but trust me I have had it full and weighed down and it has held up.
I thought this is the kind of product I would like to be involved with. I did a little research and found out about the company a little and became more impressed. Here’s why:
The name Thirty-One comes from the verses of Proverbs 31. These words may be thousands of years old, but I am constantly amazed by how today's modern woman can relate to them. The Proverbs 31 woman is dearly loved and respected by her family, yet she is an individual in her own right. She manages the home and property with kindness and integrity. Her savvy business skills are partly brought about by her desire to serve others, to do good deeds and prosper.
I had originally decided to not begin until May when Hailey would be 6 to 7 months old and a little easier if someone other than Kenny would have to watch while I did a party or had to meet with someone. I did a party, on the advice of the person that is now my director just to see if I even wanted to do it. Well off of my launch party, I booked a few parties, but I wouldn’t get these bookings unless I was a consultant, so that is how I ended up starting in February instead of May.
I have had fun with it. I am a people person. I don’t mind getting up in front of people; I like meeting new people and having a good time. So now I am finding new ways of booking parties, home or catalog and meeting new contacts. I would love to eventually be doing vending events and fundraisers.
It’s a new experience and I am taking it all in. Hoping to keep the ball running and to do at least one party a month.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your buisness! Thirty-One is awesome!! I sell Perfectly Posh, so if your interested in doing something in addition to or alongside Thirty-One, check us out!
    www.perfectlyposh.us/438
    It's a brand new company, so your able to get in on the ground floor before it get's saturated! Have a blessed week and keep booking!!! :)

    ReplyDelete