Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our Early Surprise....Hailey Grace.....

Ok, so everyone knew that I was scheduled for my c-section on October 21st at 7:30 am. Well Hailey had other plans it seems. On October 19th I worked my last day, I prepared for my 6 weeks of leave and got all my loose ends together. That day my team took me to lunch to Warm Springs diner and we celebrated the last day and arrival of my little one. It was a really nice lunch and I ate way too much. Shortly after returning to work, I started to not feel well and the heartburn was horrible. I was eating tums like candy and took some pepto. Hailey was super high and not giving me any room. I almost left early, but had soo much to do and didnt want to leave too much for my team to work on. I wanted them to start with a clean desk since I will be out for 6 weeks. I said goodbye to everyone and left around 4. Kenny was working, so I made my way to Becky's and got Ava. Said goodbye to Becky and Aunt Lucy telling them we would let them know when Ava would return.

When Ava and I got home, I still didnt feel the greatest, so we watched a little cartoons and I heated up some leftovers for dinner. Shortly after getting off the phone with Kenny and complaining to him about how horrible I felt and even thought about asking him to come home, I went to the bathroom and here came a little gush. I really didnt think anything of it. About 10 minutes after that gush, came the most horrible belly pains ever. Those started about 6:30 pm on the 19th. I gave it about 20 minutes and decided I needed to let Kenny know, I wasnt sure if this was labor but I knew I wouldnt be able to take care of Ava the rest of the night doubled over in pain. On the phone with Kenny and talking out my symptoms and trying to figure out whether he should come home or not, I remembered my sister in law Erika had about the same thing happen to her, she had went to the bathroom and had some extra fluid. So I called her, and she immediately agreed that I was in labor and offered to come down to help with Ava. Kenny was able to leave work and come home, by then the doctor's office had called back and told me to come to Labor and Delivery. I called my mom and she rushed me off the phone so she and Robbie could gather their things and get off work.

At 9 that evening, my contractions were about 6 minutes apart with sharp pain still trying to keep me doubled over. Erika had helped me keep Ava distracted who by this point was wound up and wild waiting on her nanny to come get her. We had packed Ava's bag and a little bag for me. Kenny and I didnt get too much incase they told us it was false labor or something. I had already been to labor and delivery twice before with sharp pains and then the contractions stopped after a few hours. Mom came and got Ava, who ran to the car and had to be told to give me a kiss goodbye. She was so excited to see Nanny's dogs and play at her house. That excitement made it way too easy for me and Kenny to leave her. When Erika and Mom left, Kenny and I made our way into the hospital.

At 9:30 I was in a room right by the operating room and hooked up to every machine possible. They were measuring contractions. Kenny commented that my contractions were harder than they were with Ava, and I was on potocin with her to help. The contractions finally calmed down a little bit but were still strong. Dr. Anderson came in and checked me. I was 2 cm dilated and everything looked like she was coming one way or another that night. They started the prep work of surgery. We tried to keep everyone updated by text. It was late so I didnt call anyone. Ashley had called dad to let him know and I figured everyone else could know on Thursday. Around 10 pm we were told they would take me to the OR around 11. We looked at each other, it felt like Ava's delivery all over again. Kenny said the same thing I was thinking 'Hailey could be born at the same time as Ava', (which was 11:50 pm).

So after 11 pm on the 19th, I was wheeled into the OR and prepped. Everyone was so kind and sweet. I couldnt have asked for a better group of people on the maternity ward of City Hospital. I was scared and the shakes got bad, but they kept patient with me and kept me calm. I kept an eye on the clock, 11:30, then 11:40, at 11:44pm they announced, its a girl and Hailey was here and screaming, man does she have lungs on her. Kenny went over to the table to be with her while Dr. Anderson and her crew worked at putting me back together.

After what felt like forever, the nurse brought her over to me. She is beautiful, her color and skin perfect. Then Hailey and Kenny went off to the nursery and I took a nap.





1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for posting this! i like to read the experiences parents have in labor and delivery and since i don't get to see or talk to you often... thank you :)

    ReplyDelete